42% of Australian adults with a disability rate their health as poor or fair, compared to 7% of Australian adults without a disability.
Why is the gap so big?
Co-founders of Able Digital Wellness, Scott Chapman and Tyler Murphy, discuss some of the challenges Australians living with a disability face in managing their health and fitness, and share strategies people can adopt to live happier healthier lives.
- The compounding effects of exercise and a healthy diet are huge.
- You don’t need to be fit to get started, you just need to start!
- Exercise needs to be fun! Find something you love doing and prioritise time doing it.
- Celebrate the little wins. Whether you’ve cut out your 3pm sugar snack or walked an extra km, it’s important to celebrate each success. It’s a marathon, not a sprint.
- Find a strong support team. The more encouragement you have, the more you’ll be motivated to hit your goals.