At Kynd, we understand that protecting your personal information is important. This policy sets out our commitment to respecting and protecting the privacy of personal information provided to us, or otherwise collected by us, offline or online, including through the provision of our platform and phone services, which may be accessed on our website and mobile application (Services).
The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- your name;
- images of you;
- your contact details, including email address, mailing and street address and/or phone number;
- your age and/or date of birth;
- your payment information;
- your preferences and/or opinions;
- your certifications, licences and qualifications;
- any government information, including police checks or working with children checks;
- information you provide to us through surveys;
- your sensitive information as set out below;
- details of your use of our Services;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries, analytics and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your access and use of our Services, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our online Services, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Services and/or associated applications from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Services and/or associated applications;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- to allow us to process your registration to use our Services;
- for internal record keeping, administrative purposes, invoicing and billing purposes;
- for analytics, research and development, including to operate and improve our Services;
- to run promotions, competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and details of third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to resolve any issues of delayed or non-payment for services booked in the platform;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- if you have applied for employment with us; to consider your employment application.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, NDIS and government officials, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- sponsors or promoters of any promotions or competition we run;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services you have been provided with, whether for you or someone you represent;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia; and
- third parties to collect and process data, or other relevant businesses. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia.
Disclosure overseas: By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your information outside of Australia and acknowledge that we are not required take reasonable steps to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with Australian privacy law. You acknowledge that some overseas third parties may not be regulated by the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act and if the overseas third party engages in any act or practice that contravenes Australian Privacy Principles, we will not be accountable under the Privacy Act and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act.
How we treat personal information that is sensitive information
Sensitive information is a sub-set of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the Australian Privacy Principles. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, medical and health information or biometric information. The type of sensitive information we may collect about you includes details and information about your health.
Provided you consent, your sensitive information may only be used and disclosed for purposes directly relating to the primary purpose for which the specific sensitive information was collected, including providing you with the functionality of our Services, including, allowing you to be a support worker, or if you are a member under our Services, allowing you to find a support worker.
Sensitive information may also be used or disclosed if required or authorised by law.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict and unsubscribe: If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below. You may also unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of marketing communications by using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date, or ask you to.
Complaints: If you wish to complain about the handling of your personal information, please contact us and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact the relevant authority.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Cookies and web beacons
We may use web beacons on our online Services from time to time. Web beacons (also known as clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact:
Kynd Pty Ltd
ABN 45 615 837 762